With the situation over the spread of the coronavirus in the UK changing on a daily basis, I would like to provide you with a further update from Safe Removals.
Our priority continues to be to safeguard the health and safety of our customers, staff and wider business contacts, whilst also ensuring that we can continue to provide you with the best possible customer service.
With this in mind, we have introduced the following key measures within the business to support this including:
Standard health Policy
Whilst carrying out the removal, our crew should ALWAYS:
- Plan for zero contact – call the customer before arriving to ask if doors can be open ready and request they remain in another room for the duration of the job.
- Wash or sanitise your hands before arriving at the property and when you leave.
- Observe the Social Distancing guidelines and keep 2M from others. It will not always be possible to keep 2M from your colleagues. For example, when you are sat in a vehicle together, or when it is required to work in close proximity to ensure safe manual handling. Keep to the 2M rule wherever possible and ensure good ventilation in the vehicle and on sites. The same crews will be kept together wherever practical and there will be a maximum of 2 x crew per vehicle.
- Regularly wipe down frequently touched objects or surfaces such as steering wheel, door handles.
- Use appropriate PPE – the current NHS/PHE (Public Health England) guidance is that they do not recommend the use of face masks or disposable gloves so long as no one has symptoms.
If you choose to use gloves please make sure they are removed immediately after the job, in the correct way, by peeling downwards away from the wrist, turning the glove inside out. Dispose of the gloves and wash or sanitise your hands.
If you choose to use a disposable face mask, make sure you wash or sanitise your hands before removing and only use the ear loops to remove – do not touch the front. Dispose of the mask and wash or sanitise your hands.
PPE (face masks and disposable gloves) and wipes will be made available and each employee will be required to carry a small supply and use if required by the customer or building management.
Whilst carrying out the removal. Our crew should NEVER:
- Continue to work if you become unwell with a new continuous cough or high temperature – call the office immediately.
- Enter a property if someone is displaying symptoms.
- Be within 2m of customers or others on site.
- Touch your face, smoke, eat or drink until your hands have been washed or sanitised.
Whilst our offices will continue to remain open, we have adapted our remote working policy and developed our remote working capabilities to the point where all teams have been split into working at work and remotely from home. Please be assured that we have the technology to enable us to continue our service to all of our customers uninterrupted whilst meeting our public health responsibilities.
Face-to-face surveys / Video Quoting.
Video quoting, via Whatsapp of Facetime, is now our preferred method of quoting but our teams are available for face-to-face surveys where needed, where these are not business-critical, we are advising staff to minimise these in agreement with our clients. All of our teams will still be available by phone, email, and video conferencing facilities, so we do not anticipate that this measure will impact ‘business as usual’.
We will continue to monitor the ongoing situation and the government, Public Health England and World Health Organisation guidance. If you have any specific concerns about your dealings with us, please contact your usual Safe Removals contact, so that we can review and address these.
There may be adjustments needed as we all settle into what may be the new ‘normal’ for the next few months – but within that, Safe Removals will be operating on a ‘business as usual’ basis, keeping our service to our clients going in an appropriately adapted way.
As the situation progresses, we will provide updates as and when necessary.
Thank you for your continued understanding